Thursday, April 23, 2009

DOT hai!

Yippeeee! I am so excited!! My name has appeared on the voter's list and this is the first time ever that I will be voting. I remember when I was a small child, I have asked my parents when they returned after voting, whom they voted for. Both of them would reply with a conspiratorial smile that they would never tell. Once, my Mom confided in me that there were only two parties (this was a long time back!), the Congress and the BJP and she only had to chose among them.

After I turned 18, I was away from Mumbai a lot and after I have settled down in Mumbai for good, this is the first opportunity I have got to vote.

Never mind the fact that I have no clue as to whom I will vote for or the parties involved in this election!

8 comments:

  1. DCG, this time you shall know the inside story.

    Hope you like your folks can keep the plot intact..with a mysterious smile, looking supremely knowledgeable (a wee bit pompous too..its allowed for first timers)and strut about with your blue dot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand ur happiness
    All parents are like this. They would never reveal, hehhheeh. But I am sure u will tell ur kids (in future), hhhhhehe.
    So enjoyy this lovey feeling and be prepared to use ur right judiciously ;)
    Enjoy voting
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Kau, I have your permission to strut!

    Thanx Dreamy Turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These days it doesnt matter who you choose. Ultimately its still Congress or BJP. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah...this time a lot of people from our generation our giving their votes...it may not help choose the best leaders this time...but it is definitely a move in the right direction

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time here..and a first time voter myself :D

    So what yardstick did u use before you hit the button? the person or the party? It was quite easy for me...we had a educated, internationally recogonized, ex UN Under secretary Gen, and a real hottie standing :P ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just voted for the person who I felt would help us the most... but don't really believe in any of them. All of them are conceited so what does it matter who we vote for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you must have enjoyed voting for the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete